Security locks

After some scumbag stole my £13 Chinese radio from my 110 last night I have found myself pondering door locks. Obviously the standard fayre is laughable (my key opened over 50% of the other defenders outside our local one night). 

I have seen a few Expedition Defenders fitted with deadlocks, has anyone done this and what did you use?

Will :-)

Deadlocks on the lower half of the door are of limited value other than a visual deterrent.  They will stop a casual theft (such as Will's Radio) but are unlikely to deter a vehicle theft.  The reason being that its easier to fold the top of the door down.  It snaps off fairly cleanly, usually without breaking the glass giving access to climb in.  A LR with no door-top doesn't look unusual so it doesn't attract attention.

The deadlocks need to go half way up the window.  This makes it near impossible to fold the door.

Several fairly off the shelf options are available including locks for van doors.  Even a simple sliding bolt domestic sash window lock is effective.

Si

On 4/22/2017 at 11:51 AM, bodumatau said:

or move to Botswana where you leave your keys in the ignition so you don't loose them.

It used to be like that here but we seem to have allowed 'the wrong sort' to move into the village. I have a feeling they will be leaving soon though ;-)

Will :-)