Policw spec DC100 spotted in Spain!

o_teunico

• 5 months later...

It's a cool looking thing so as a toy it should grab someones attention and get them to buy.

I think that's just the way the Chinese are. They don't have a great reputation for innovation in manufacturing but they're great at copying. Whenever we do exhibitions you get a constant flow of Chinese visitors with cameras taking pictures of anything, even if they don't know what it is they take a picture and try to copy it. I know plastics companies who have had mould tools made in China and before the tool reaches them there are exact copies of their products on UK shelves under a different brand. They copy our stuff to the letter, even features that don't do anything anymore and expired date marks.

I heard from a <major global communications equipment manufacturer who shall remain un-named> trainer that some of the <Chinese manufacturer of strikingly similar communications equipment who shall also remain un-named> equipment even still had THEIR copyright message in the software :hysterical: not very subtle!

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I heard from a <major global communications equipment manufacturer who shall remain un-named> trainer that some of the <Chinese manufacturer of strikingly similar communications equipment who shall also remain un-named> equipment even still had THEIR copyright message in the software :hysterical: not very subtle!

Did he mention that several of the senior management of the engineering team left that <major global communications equipment manufacturer who shall remain un-named> and joined said <Chinese manufacturer of strikingly similar communications equipment who shall also remain un-named> shortly before the release of the said equipment and that they were currently defending themselves in court.

It caused quite a stir in our their IT department ......

And if you take it through the Chinese legal system the judge will look at them both, declare they're not the same and it's case closed :/

You can take on the importer in your home country but they're either bigger than you and just wait for you to sink in legal costs or they're working from their spare room and someone else can just replace them as soon as they go :/