STOLEN !! WHY!!!

Yostumpy

Agreed, a friend of mine is into moderately quick cars and some years ago when he had a Saphire Cosworth he came back from the pub to find a gang of heavys in the house threatening his Mum and Dad with a baseball bat (IIRC) to get the keys to the Cosworth, upon being rumbled they threw a TV at my mate and scarpered. You can bet they were more heavily armed at the next house they visited

I am thinking what to do to my 90 to make it less atractive to towrags. My Saab 9000 had a switch in the starter triger wire behind the ash tray and a flashing LED on the end of the dash that came on when you turned off the ignition. My newer SAAB is fairly well armed as standard so I park that in front of the 90. Bonus being the 90 is under the gas boiler flue, no more frozen screens but 90 smells for a bit each morning.

I had an expensive motor nicked, they did the fishing rod trick through the letter box and drove off.

3 lessons here - firstly put your keys away every night - secondly don't rely on your neighbours, one of them said they thought it was odd when they some bloke was driving off in my car at 3am - thirdly the dog slept through the whole thing.

The reason pikeys nick motors really annoys me:

You can drive a car to Eire. Once there you can register it fully legally. You can then sell it for full price. Nobody will check. Even better why not tow a caravan over too.

Do the uk and eire vehicle licence authorities share stolen vehicle information? No, DVLA would rather spend their money on crazy SVA schemes.

Interestingly, tracker is now owned by Direct Line Insurance (aka RBS insurance).

BTW found this really interesting device:

Foot locker

Small enough to keep in he glove box.

push1.jpg

HMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT LOOKS TERRIBLY TEMPTING!!!!!!!!!! YES A TWO PIN PLUG AND SOCKET WIRED UP TO THE MAINS, JUST MAKE SURE THE LIVE IS TOUCHING THE METAL PEDAL ARM AND REMOVE THE RUBBER PAD. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) :hysterical::hysterical:

...... may have to think about getting somthing done here in Aus as i am surrounded by colonial convicts :lol::lol:....

Watch it - there may be other Australian's lurking :P

Down here, the Defender is in the lowest insurance group - I guess they don't get stolen? - actually had some problems with NRMA (probably the biggest insurer), as they were sure that the last Defender made was in 1995.

ttfn

Matthew