best distributor replacement for 6 cilinder?

doddel

I need to replace the distributor on my 6 cilinder series 3. I'd like to go for one of these electronic types, but you can find them at like 70 £ all the way up to over 300 £.

So, simple question: which one to go for? Any help would be appreciated!

I had an Aldon Ignitor on my V8 and that was a decent bit of kit. I'd go for magnetic trigger rather than optical if that's still a choice.

Well, I'd remove the dizzy and fit Megajolt if it was my choice :P

I did like the 6cyl, makes a lovely burble.

I've found SimonBBC's products very good: http://www.simonbbc.com/land-rover

Do you have 25D6 or 45D6 distributor? If it is in good order, you can just fit the pickup and amp, which keeps costs down nicely.

http://www.simonbbc.com/tune-up-kits/tune-up-by-vehicle/ultimate-22d6-25d6-tune-up-kit-mg

http://www.simonbbc.com/electronic-ignition-kits/land-rover-electronic-ignition-45d6-powerspark-6-cylinder

But yes, I would MJ it too :P 

29 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I had an Aldon Ignitor on my V8 and that was a decent bit of kit. I'd go for magnetic trigger rather than optical if that's still a choice.

Well, I'd remove the dizzy and fit Megajolt if it was my choice :P

I did like the 6cyl, makes a lovely burble.

looks great, but this really is too complicated (and overkill) for my type of use

I am more looking for a straightforward swap

5 hours ago, doddel said:

looks great, but this really is too complicated (and overkill) for my type of use

I am more looking for a straightforward swap

True if you do not need waterproof etc. however as my dizzy was warn and therefore the problem it was worth it eitherway.

4 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Only with a higher power coil I'd wager. Std. coils are ~3ohms, last high-power one I had (MSD I think) was ~1 Ohm.

I provided the link....which includes the correct coil.

Our Signature Electronic 45D6 High Energy distributor and Coil bundle deal Suitable for the 6 cylinder Land Rover Land Rover
Comes complete and ready to fit with no extra parts needed.
Our products have a finish that is second to none with high qualty internal components and comes with a 24 month warranty.
Inside the distributor is our electronic module developed and tested by simonbbc.com to replace the troublesome points system with a modern magnetic pick-up therefore we can offer a full 1 year warranty on the module.
This system replaces the 22D6 & 25D6 distributors and is matched to an electronic ignition coil (<1.5ohms). 

Edited by Red90