"Death" wobble

Right I've just finished replacing my radius arm bushings on the 110 as they were well and truly shot (the inner metal sleeve fell out). The vehicle was on the ground and I did the arms one at a time over the weekend (including painting) so I know I haven't got them the wrong way around.

Prior to starting this I would get a wobble when hitting pot holes but nothing too major. When I took it for a drive today the wobble was butt clenching. Waaay waay worse than before to the point of almost having to come to a complete stop. I looked out of the window during one of these and the front axle was dancing all over the place.

Pretty much all of the front axle except swivel bearings and CVs have been replaced since Christmas and (compared to today) been driving fine. List includes bearings, steering drop arm, track rod ends, panhard rod (and bushes), trailing arm, radius arm bushes and steering damper.

Now it looks like so I might have damaged the panhard rod bushes (aftermarket adjustable one) when I replaced it and there might be a little play in the wheel, difficult to tell in the rain on my own but it's absolutely tiny.

When / if it stops raining I'll nip back outside as I might have some proper OEM bushes for the panhard rod, just don't know if they'll fit.

The question I suppose is could the knackered radius arm bushes have been masking an existing issue? Given I've only replaced the bushes and its got much worse what could I have messed up. I've tightened the chassis end bolts as tight as I can (and also tried with my Milwaukee impact hammer which can supposedly do up nuts to 900+Nm) and the vehicle was on its wheels when I tightened everything up. They're tight to the point of bending my breaker bar. Which is my understanding as it should all butt up against the non threaded bit.

Or should I go for replacing the panhard rod again and then redo swivels?

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Edited by Ed Poore
Typo

Well there was quite a lot of play in it. The genuine bushes I had were the wrong size for the aftermarket rod but I managed to get the old bushes out of the original rod (testing my first welding project - the hydraulic press). One weld started to go but only after the box section I was using started to crumple :blink:.

Anyway new bushes in and rod fitted will find out tomorrow if it's fixed it.