1992 RRC 3.9EFi - Rear Diff Half Shaft Noise

Afternoon,

I have just replaced my rear brake discs and repacked the bearings which were replaced 3 months ago. The hubs spin freely and easily. The job was relatively straight forward and I thought I was home dry.  Until...

I reinstalled the halfshaft on the RHS, and gasketed and sealed the drive flange. When I went for a final test spin of the hub I could hear/feel a rumble/dg dg dg dg dg noise. I initially thought this was the wheel bearings, so I removed the drive flange again and spun the hub, all ok. I then spun the halfshaft independently, and the noise was there. It sounds like it's coming from the outboard end.

Here's a video:

http://vid25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/Dookie_1988/IMG_4781.mp4

Ignore the pad noise, but 'behind' that noise you can hear what I'm talking about if you listen carefully.

I used an endoscope to see if something was dislocated or broken, and I can't see anything untoward:

Snapshot000001.jpg~original

Snapshot000006.jpg~original

Snapshot000002.jpg~original

Any ides?

- Richard