VTDi Turbo on 300 TDi

Hercu

I have fitted my Disco with this VTDi turbo with bit more extra boost and could easily boost up to 1.2 bar.

I still get the boost but a serious whine changing pitch as the boost drops and rises.

Black smoke and not really the power it used to have although the boost is still on 1 bar where I have set it.

EGT also quickly rises above 720 when pushing hard uphill.

Could it be the dump valve ????

VTD i Turbo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hangover

Sorry, My third world technology failed and we have been out of internet coverage.

It is a Garret GT 22 56 VNT and yes the actuator is working on pressure... I have had it sent to SA and they fitted a new CHAR( Old one totally F......ed and spool vaines chipped) and actuator as the old one was leaking.

Thought they would set it but needed to adjust the rod length and stop screw to get my Disco alive.

Still a bit hot as EGT quickly rises with black smoke puff when vaines opens completely on 1800 RPM.

Boost 1,4 Bar.

Will damage head gasket ?