Front dumb irons

In Land Rover news we've (he's) cut out the old rot and I've made one L shaped piece to trim down tomorrow ready for fitting. Would be quite nice if I can actually get around to finish my press, not finished yet but its strong enough to bend 10mm plate (accidentally I might add).

Maybe with the benefit of the plasma it'll be finished quicker. :)

3mm sheet. I cheated on these and had to run a slit down the bend and weld on the inside. Clamped the sheet between two 3/4" plates in the press frame because it was handy (on a bench would have done just as well) and then used another thick bar of steel and brute force to start the bend. Once that was stated I could put a pair of bar clamps onto the bar to continue the bend.

Made two L shapes, one for bottom and inside edge and one for outer and top so that we could get at the inside to weld to all edges. The first slit I did freehand with a grinder the second I actually used my chop saw (Evolution Rage 3s) which did a much neater job. The slit was about half way through the sheet so still quite a lot of meat left and then obviously it got a nice big fillet weld done.

Luckily the bottom brackets for the jacking points were substantial so Andrew could weld them into those and the cross member was decent too. It had just rusted out where water pools at the front.