You'll never guess what's leaking now....

I'm smiling away as I'm typing this and thought I'd cheer you all up seeing this pop into the forum ?? 

Went out to the Landy today as I had a few appointments cancel on me..... so I pulled forward down the drive, to discover...........a wet patch, where? You may wonder..... rear offside wheel. ? So after further investigation, it's the bleed nipple drip dripping.... so, ah ha ! I thought, I have bleed nipples already ordered and in the shed. So I proceed to find them, get ready for the swap over of old for new...... took the old one out, (a bit wobbly) watched as the dot4 seaping out. Put the new one in, and low and behold, it wouldn't go in and the fookin thing is threaded in the cylinder. ?? (it was threaded before I tried to put the new one in) 

who ever did the nipple before, must have cross threaded it and hoped for the best. So I ordered a new cylinder Delphi style. ?? 

Landy's........

Very true Snagger, I'm glad I got this 110 (better not say defender) when I did !! I think I'm saving a truck that over time, will be serving me well for many years to come....... everything is crossed right now you understand ??

One of the first lessons in Land Rover ownership my 110 taught me was there is no such thing as a 10 minute job when you take into account something you stumble across done by a previous owner!

After replacing one of the rear lights for a new one (easy 10 minute job, right?) but then kept blowing fuses every time I tried to put the lights on. On the 5th fuse I finally figured out that the previous owner had decided to use a black wire to replace a red wire :wacko:

• Like 1

Ain't it the truth !! My plan today was to get my solar panel controller hooked up, that didn't take too long. Then I'll move onto my new shiny lift pump which arrived today already !! Then I spotted the wet patch..... by the end of all the effort put in trying to solve the problem, the day was gone. 

So jobs before my next adventure, brake cylinder replacement, like pump replacement, and sedimentor replacement..... 3 hours tops....... right?? ??