Handy tool kit

reb78

The 'C'-clamps  in the 'welding clamps' set are a little on the small side, but probably quite good for sheet metal.  At a fiver a set, you can't argue, I picked up 2 sets earlier today.  I walked away from the inverter stick welder though, 80 A seems just too puny to be useful.  Be interested to know if anyone on here buys one and how they get on.

Only if I have something else to go there for... had stuff to pick up from B&Q (Glasto didn't have it), so in this instance it made sense.

It's a new, large, Lidl store, I'm not sure the general populace has realised, through its foggy existence, that it exists yet as it is always dead.

I like Taunton for its history and shops (read: the once a year Christmas visit), Bridgwater for the masses of industrial parks with small businesses selling stuff I need and engineering firms, and Glasto/Street for every day bits.

We do live in a nice area... to be fair... spoilt a bit for choice...  

brother in law bought the inverter welder which we put to use fixing the harrow this weekend.

Its really good and a nice stable arc, light as a feather to carry as well.

the accessories (chipping hammer and mask) are useless but the machine is a good performer.

As with all these things the fan has no filter and if you use the grinder when its running the dust will be drawn into it and duly deposited on the 'electronics' so a bit of common sense needed ... but I've paid more for takeaway food......

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

Only if I have something else to go there for... had stuff to pick up from B&Q (Glasto didn't have it), so in this instance it made sense.

It's a new, large, Lidl store, I'm not sure the general populace has realised, through its foggy existence, that it exists yet as it is always dead.

I like Taunton for its history and shops (read: the once a year Christmas visit), Bridgwater for the masses of industrial parks with small businesses selling stuff I need and engineering firms, and Glasto/Street for every day bits.

We do live in a nice area... to be fair... spoilt a bit for choice...  

We live in God's Chosen Country, the birthplace of civilisation in Northern Europe; the Land Of Eternal Summer. We are gifted.

I stay away from WSM as I don't need to score class A drugs or watch drunks fighting ( I can do the later in Bridgwater, in far more salubrious surroundings); but the lure of a new Lidl is so tempting. Is it down by ATS?

I find Taunton disappointing. Generally. It's now a NEW town, with 20k homes going up; no decent infrastructure and a lousy access to the M5 (just like WSM then!)

I love Bridgy - its eclectic, random , endowed with superb architecture and some of the best Drunk Fighting in Europe. And as you say it's got lots of useful stuff...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GW8IZR said:

brother in law bought the inverter welder which we put to use fixing the harrow this weekend.

Its really good and a nice stable arc, light as a feather to carry as well.

the accessories (chipping hammer and mask) are useless but the machine is a good performer.

As with all these things the fan has no filter and if you use the grinder when its running the dust will be drawn into it and duly deposited on the 'electronics' so a bit of common sense needed ... but I've paid more for takeaway food......

Thanks for the info.  Must admit am tempted, but will pass in favour of the spending 5 times as much on the R-tech inverter MIG which can do stick too...

As we've mentioned Bridgwater, Toolstation have their 'outlet' shop there, always worth a peruse if you're in the area.

1 hour ago, honitonhobbit said:

Ah yes - Just up from the Five0 Station.  Might have to drop in...

Weston Five-0; hmmmm not sure that TV series would get commissioned somehow.

Damn now I have a mental image of the theme song to drunks fighting underneath the pier....

• Like 2