Pulling to the left.. 110

Hi All,

Just had my 2012 110 returned to me from the insurance approved repair garage, managed to slide it into a rather substantial gate post :( 

My question is should it veer to the left when driving in a straight line if you take your hands of the wheel..

It's not following the camber of the road as I tried it many times on a flat piece of road...

I took it back and they had it for the morning and tell me it should naturally follow the camber, along with "it has big tyres on it" too...???

I have driven over 30k in it and it never veered before..?!

Along with the bumper not being positioned correctly, and orange peel paint work...  "It's the modern paints we use today"...???

Any thought...??

Cheers,

db.

32 minutes ago, rekab69 said:

Hi All,

Just had my 2012 110 returned to me from the insurance approved repair garage, managed to slide it into a rather substantial gate post :( 

My question is should it veer to the left when driving in a straight line if you take your hands of the wheel..

t's not following the camber of the road as I tried it many times on a flat piece of road...

took it back and they had it for the morning and tell me it should naturally follow the camber, along with "it has big tyres on it" too...???

I have driven over 30k in it and it never veered before..?!

Along with the bumper not being positioned correctly, and orange peel paint work...  "It's the modern paints we use today"...???

Any thought...?? Cheers,

db

Complain. It should travel in a straight line, if they can't do a proper repair complain to your insurance company and reject their work

Edited by western
reply extracted from quoted text
  • Like 1

Definitely should not pull to the left.

It could be something as simple as wheel tracking, but I do find later chassis to be less robust...

The last TD5 I had was in an accident with a small van and the chassis bent like a banana,  couldn't even drive it onto my trailer cos it couldn't drive a straight line.  

• 1 month later...

Finally managed to be allowed by the insurance company to have it checked by a garage of my choice, after they had it on their four wheel alighment set up it became apparent that it was in deed out of alignment, and this was after the first garage had had it back on their own 4x wheel alignment gear.. twice..!!

Drives great now..

The paint work was also of a poor standard so the guys at my garage mechanically mopped it for me..  Unfortunately for them the poor guy caught the top of the wheel arch with the mop and it now needs to go in to them again to put it right... :(

Pleased it drives straight now though..  

I guess I should mention Direct Line Insurance have been brilliant through out the whole process..  

Many years ago I had problems with an insurance repair and rejected it several times before the insurance company would agree to let me do the repair myself. Despite what insurers tell you, there is no reason why you cannot select your preferred repair centre