Brake Issue With my P38

CJ1

My 1996 4.6 V8 Gems engined P38 has developed a bit of a strange issue over the last 5 months.  It has mostly been parked up, but when on 5 occasions now where it hadn't been started or driven for many weeks, the brake pedal had virtually no pressure and all 3 ABS, Handbrake and Traction lights would display with the pedal pressed, I always check my brake pedal pressure before driving luckily, but that normal noise the accumulator makes stays on for quite a long time building up the pressure, then once it as had its long hissy fit, the brakes work perfectly, the warning lights don't come on when you press the pedal anymore, and no grief at all.  Is it common for the accumulator to lose pressure while the car is parked up?  The battery was disconnected every time.

Cheers in advance for any advice. 

Mine is a bit the same (not quite as bad by the sound of it), the pressure in the accumulator pushes the fluid back into the reservoir, worn seals I guess. Haven't yet looked at what the fix would involve. Not sure it wouldn't happen anyway over time. My pump runs for about 40 secs if its totally flat, I guess a worn pump would take longer?

Don't you get more issues from disconnecting the battery than not?

I didn't have a choice but to disconnect the battery for a while as it kept going flat anyway due to the RF receiver waking the car up too often.  But no problems that I could see came from disconnecting the battery regularly.

• 2 weeks later...