How Straight Should The B & C Posts Be?

I've been refurbing my B & C posts - which were like most of those found on nearly 25 year-old Defenders, with the lower half resembling papier maché in many places... Anyway - after welding in a length of 40mm box along the horizontal section, I found that it'd bowed like a banana. Now this is obviously something you have to expect with long weld runs, so I made up a damned great jig to pull it straight again. When I'd got the bend down to a couple of millimetres, it occurred to me to see how bent the other side was - which I hadn't touched at that stage. Blow me - it was also like a banana, albeit not quite so bad... The problem therefore, is how straight should I make it? I haven't got enough of the rest of the bodywork in place to offer it up, and I'd hate to go to a lot of effort only to find that LR - in their wisdom, had designed the chassis to allow for distortion during production!

9 hours ago, Paddy_SP said:

Thanks, Gentlemen - it was the bottom sill channel (well, now it's box) that I was concerned about, but wasn't at all sure what the LR production 'tolerances' were!

If you are making this in box section how do you plan to bolt the bottom cill trim and body mounts in place?