OM606 Range Rover Classic Restoration and Build

Missed a few pics at this stage but sills got box sectioned and I remade the outer floor sections to pretty much replicate the original, from sheet. Spot welded the reinforcer angle bits underneath then spot and plug and stitch welded the whole lot together, then moved on to destroying the back of it!

IMG_1416.JPG

About this time (October last year) I moved house so progress slowed a bit. It's never quick as I only work on it every other Saturday for a few hours and the odd hour in the evening. I run a restoration business so on one hand everything is there in the workshop but on the other I'm always stupidly busy and never get chance to work on it. I think at this stage I was about 35 hours into the metalwork

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

I should add that I don't really "do" internet and forums much. My brother deals with that side of our business and I don't have much time, but this site has been so helpful, and seems so free of the keyboard warriors that occupy most online spaces that I thought it might be useful to somebody to drop this lot here, especially since it's now becoming worth restoring an RRC properly. 

• Like 4

Around this time I had a sat off metal fab and had a play with mating engine and box. Gaz fab's adaptor (a close copy of the one that Scandinavian marine sell in Sweden I believe) plate is meant for the zf autobox but I figured if it fits that it will fit an r380 v8 bellhousing, and had a stab in the dark that the tdi input shaft might be long enough to reach through the clutch. It was, just! I will face a couple of mm off the bellhousing to get complete spline engagement but plenty close enough for mockup and engine mount making

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG