Discovery stuck in drive (auto)

lol

Went to change the kick down cable on my 300tdi discovery changed the cable new filter etc all back together however no matter what gear I select it's trying to drive forwards even in park however in park the gearbox does lock it from moving but you can see the wheels trying to turn? Is this a bleeding issue or have I done something wrong?

thanks

What have you tampered with?  If all was working normally and you only fiddled with the kick down cable, it should be related to that cable or something dislodged while working on it, limiting the possibilities.

On 2017-6-3 at 11:47 AM, lol said:

Went to change the kick down cable on my 300tdi discovery changed the cable new filter etc all back together however no matter what gear I select it's trying to drive forwards even in park however in park the gearbox does lock it from moving but you can see the wheels trying to turn? Is this a bleeding issue or have I done something wrong?

thanks

When you say "is this a bleeding issue", is the emphasis on "bleeding"?  It is a bleeding issue, and something that needs to be fixed! :-)

Having never bled an auto gearbox before I didn't know if I was missing a trick in how to bleed the system,turns out it was just I missed the slot on the valve block body to align the selector...you live and learn I guess

• Like 1