Lambda sensor ERR6729 alternatives and megasquirt

jad

Afternoon,

I need to replace the lambda sensors in my tvr chimaera 400 as it's emissions are a little off.... I am planning on rebuilding a 4.6 which I want to put in next year with megasquirt. Does anyone know if these lambda sensors are compatible with the standard setup and megasquirt? Is there an alternative sensir i am better off with or will i just have to bit the bullet and buy more sensors come megasquirt?

Dare I ask are britpart lambda sensors reliable or do I just go straight for ntk? Any other makes worth considering?

Thanks for your help

Jad

In a nutshell, unfortunately i don't think there is a way to make the factory sensors work with MS.

The actual lambda sensors aren't driven directly by Megasquirt, rather they have a controller in charge of them, that itself then outputs a signal voltage to the MS unit.

As far as I understand, the Lucas setup uses the less common Titania sensors, whereas most these days (including aftermarket types) use zirconia. 

Have a look at the spartan2 on 14point7.com or the innovate lc2 on the Innovate Motorsports website for more info. I have the spartan2 and the older innovate lc1, both work well and have done so in daily service for quite a few years! Especially the lc1, that's pretty old now... 

Ignore what I just said, I'm awake now- the factory ones must be narrowband. I was talking about wideband sensors...

Normal zirconia sensors don't need anything to drive them and wire straight into the MS on the signal line.

Not sure how Titania sensors work, or whether the output they produce will be something MS can deal with/expects.

Fridge will probably know!

Apologies for the confusion...

Interesting,

I have already ordered 2 original ntk sensors but you have got me thinking. The original sensors are 3 wire titanic narrow band sensors. They probably operate 0-1V. The normal output for the LC2 is 0-5V but as bowie says the outputs are programmable. My question is now can you program the lc2 to mimic a narrow band sensor swinging from 14-15AFR over 0-1V? Does anyone have a controller that they could try this with? Having looked at the instructions for the LC2 it looks like there is potential. Although if you did that and it measures an AFR of 20 then is it going to try and output 5V or more?....

Screenshot_20170604-092217.thumb.png.547b81fc37a23ad573af1e538876dd8c.png