Discovery TD5 Headlight issue

L19MUD

2001 TD5 Discovery, started having problems with high beam not working and then when coming out of high beam to normal dipped lights the dipped would not come back on!

Now in a position with the headlights turned to dipped where they are just on the dim setting

No fuses are blown and this affects both headlights so I am guessing this is related to the Dim Dip relay? I am assuming that a TD5 Disco still has one despite it being an outdated thing.

I have trawled through RAVE but cannot find a mention of it, or more importantly where it is! Does anyone have an idea where it is?

Thanks

Sam

I've an intermittent problem on my Td5 Disco where one headlamp doesn't come on sometimes until I flash the full beam which seems to kick start it. I don't know the technicalities of this but it's as if the circuit has an obstruction and needs the higher voltage to force it's way through. Anyway, could you be experiencing an advanced version of the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...