ABS/Handbrake light fault

hello there i have defender 2006 TD5

Two days ago I had a problem on my ABS module it shows me TC/ABS light,so i order a new wabco module same as was mine but now after install the new one it shows ABS/Handbrake lights on, seems like the abs on driving actually works but why it shows me the warning fults?

thanks for helping

Where are you based?

It might be worth seeing if someone near you has a diagnostic unit they can plug in.

I've had the TC / ABS light on mine when one of the speed sensors in the hubs lifted up a little after I hammered a ball joint free.

Nanocom showed which corner was at fault.

I have no idea if the new Wabco unit needs to be programmed into your ECU's in some way.. Hopefully someone else can advise on that.

21 minutes ago, V8 Freak said:

Where are you based?

It might be worth seeing if someone near you has a diagnostic unit they can plug in.

I've had the TC / ABS light on mine when one of the speed sensors in the hubs lifted up a little after I hammered a ball joint free.

Nanocom showed which corner was at fault.

I have no idea if the new Wabco unit needs to be programmed into your ECU's in some way.. Hopefully someone else can advise on that.

you right about the programmed the new unit i asked samone who works on LR, there is any way to program by myself? via obd or somthing?

• 3 weeks later...

I had an abs fault drive me nuts...  Can't recall the hand brake light being in the loop..  ??  I had it backwards and forwards to my very helpful local independent LR garage.. plugged into their diagnostic tool more times than I can remember.. Changed sensors, hard wired the loom, had them rebuild the front hubs, changed Wabco unit too.

In the end the only way I cured it was to buy a £50.00 Oscilloscope kit that ran on my lap top, and check the signals from each sensor whilst driving..   A "New" front sensor was at fault..  !!

I feel the only way to see whats actually happening is to drive the vehicle and monitor the results..  

Hope you get to the bottom of it as it can really drag on..

db.