X-Brake differences or those fitted to an 88 coiler??

Does anyone know if the X-Brake for a Disco 1 is the same or different to that for a 90? (200Tdi in both cases/LT-77).

Foundry 4x4 have listings for both with different part numbers, but the images look the same. So I'm seeking confirmation on if they are or aren't.

Also, has anyone had any success fitting these to an 88 coiler? Is there any reason why they wouldn't fit?

I've seen a listing for a Terrafirma disc handbrake, anyone know anything about these, they seem to be substantially more expensive than the X-Brake.

Thanks. :)

The difference is in the angle of the backplate from memory. On the Disco the calliper is mounted in a different place to clear the body.

No reason why they wouldn't fit to an 88 inch, it's a shame you don't gain any extra length for the rear prop shaft by changing them !

14 hours ago, Daan said:

Your rear cross member is in the way (depending on where you fitted your gearbox). I did fit one to mine, but it was a bit involved. Have a look on my thread, page 8.

Daan

Hi Daan, thanks. I actually read that post then you made it :)

Couple of Q's if it's ok. Is your X-Brake a Disco or Defender one?

Do you have a photo of the underside of your 88? And what chassis is it based on. I don't have a pic of mine to hand, but there appears to be loads of space on mine. I just hope I'm not being a bit dim and missing something obvious.

Ta.

Mine is a defender one I believe (bought on sodbury sortout, but I am pretty certain it is). The chassis is a shortened defender 90. I have not many piccys available right now of the complete thing. The crossmember is my own addition though. it is 89", with a standard 88" rear prop at the back, and an early 90 rear prop at the front, to give you an idea about gearbox location.

chassis pic, with my old disk brake setup:

gallery_336_1371_54552.jpg

Daan