Think prices in the UK are on the up?

=jon=

A friend of mine just sent me this - I know prices for defenders are high in the US historically, but it looks like they are fetching serious money out there now!

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3758448

Very nice example though, but IMHO the roof needs to be black not grey as it looks a bit monotone.. And it needs a 4.6 with megasquirt, (or an LSx)!

This has been going on for years, but this is a bit much. I was just reading about this: http://robisonservice.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/the-future-of-collectible-land-rovers.html and thought the prices were pretty funny. Stupid Americanos will spend anything to get a Defender and various companies have been taking advantage of this. Any American could just take a buying holiday in Europe and import their own car, but from what I've come across over the years the outside world is too scary and so they'd rather pay stupid amounts for something available domestically. When I lived in Canada for a bit, I was very close to starting a Land Rover business shamelessly exploiting catering for this lucrative market. I've always wondered just how many British stolen cars and parts have wound up over there. 

• Like 2