panhard rod axle mount

oakeedokee

I've got a problem with the panhard rod bracket at the axle end - it's corroded away to such an extent that it has failed the mot as there is excessive play. I'm up to the stage of having cut the old bracket off - it was really corroded and un-repairable - and was going to fabricate a new one. I was just wondering if this item is available separately to avoid all the hassle of making my own.

It's not shown as a separate part in the book that I've got! Must surely be a case of the right size box section cut and drilled to suit and welded on in the right place.................he says without much fabrication experience!!

Might be worth a quick post in the Tools and Fabrication section!!

HTH

Adrian

Hmm, I've had a go at making one from box section, but getting the correct angle is not straightforward....might be easier to get a secondhand axle off ebay. And then there's the quality of my welding to consider. I would imagine there would be quite a bit of force exerted on this bracket.

...might be easier to get a secondhand axle off ebay...

Funnily enough I'm off to pick up a rear an axle tomorrow cos I can't weld and the diff pan on ours is shot to s##t!! They aren't going cheap on ebay, though, and whenever I've been looking, they've all been far too far away to make it worthwhile!

I'm not certain of it, but if all you want is the main casing, you may well pick up a drum braked one for not a lot of money at all (I'm assuming the casing is the same from a Defender axle!!) then just swap the ends and diff over???

Might help you....... :unsure: .........maybe!!

Adrian

I'm not certain of it, but if all you want is the main casing, you may well pick up a drum braked one for not a lot of money at all (I'm assuming the casing is the same from a Defender axle!!) then just swap the ends and diff over???

Adrian

Huh? Since when did Defeneder have drum front brakes? :rolleyes: