TD5, 2002, rear screen washer failed

boaterboy

The windscreen wipers & washers and the rear screen wiper all work on my vehicle. 

The headlamp washers are disconnected pending the completion of some front end work.

The rear screen washer has failed, however.

Does anyone have any idea as to the reason why, please?

In case it's the water supply tube what is the route of this through the vehicle, please?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Hi, I had the same problem. Remove the rear door card and you'll see the pipe going to the jet. You'll also see the non-return valve. Remove the pipe from the valve and check water is getting through from the resevoir. If it is (as mine was) then the valve needs changing. If water is not getting though try swoping the pipe over at the pump with the front washer. The pumps are behind the f/n/s/ whwwl arch.

HTH,

Griff

Valve.jpg

Thanks for that, bear.

In fact, I repaired the valve by separating the two parts of the body with a sharp knife and cleaning the diaphragm (I must get out more now the Summer's here!).

But, I did break six of the plastic pins.

Do you have any idea where they can be sourced, please?