Any corrosion issues?

In your experience folks how resistant is the Freelander to corrosion? 

I live very close to the sea and often travel on coastal routes so there's a lot of salt on the roads at times. My last two cars (both Peugeots) suffered corrosion to the areas behind the front wheels and I assume the salt around here was a factor in that. The winters here in Northumberland can be pretty harsh at times too, particularly when the weather comes in suddenly off the North Sea. 

The car originally came from Kent and has somehow worked it's way north and been mostly kept miles from the sea so the only salt etc it's seen will be from gritting wagons and chip butties. 

I'll probably fit some decent mudflaps to try and keep the wheels from spraying stuff directly onto the underneath of the car but it's still going to get salt etc in the spray off the road. 

I may sound a little paranoid but after the last two cars faced issues to varying degrees (and they were cheap to fix on those cars) I don't want to get caught out so prevention is my aim. 

The Freelander is one of the least rust-prone vehicles Land Rover have made* - the fuel tank cradle can get a bit crusty, the subframes will get surface rust, but the rest of it seems to last forever unless the paint gets damaged.

* = That may not be saying a lot.