cooling system problem

cday3

Hi all!

I need some help! I have problem with cooling system. '98 Freelander 1.8 petrol. Water has disappeared. Now changed: new timing belt, water pump, head gasket, thermostat, temperature sensor, reservoir tank, seals. Now, water is not disappear but getting too hot. After ~15 miles temperature indicator getting high. Previously the temperature indicator is in half position. Now couple of miles, and getting higher. There is some dirt in the cooling system? Cooler relay is good, I hear start the ventilators, and I hear the water is bubbling. What could be the problem?
(sorry for my english)

Thanks for reply. My thermostat is not the modified y shape. I think it can not be put in wrong way. But I check this afternoon.
I think not bled system correctly. Yesterday I drain and refill the cooling system and repeat bleed operation at heater hose. Today works great. I not hear water is bubbling. The temperature gauge did not go up to a higher level. I hope this was the only problem.

I did not left the coolant boil. When the temperature gauge turns too high, I stopped and waited for it to cool down. I only used the car for one day (~25miles). Then I tried to figured out what is the problem. There was two bleed screw. In the bottom tube has a bleed screw. It was dirty under the screw. Air did not come out. I think there was air-lock in the system for this reason. Water and air only coming from heater return hose. I cleaned the bottom tube, then I refill coolant. Air and water come out in bottom hose and heater return hose. Today still works great. No boil problem. Now i going to buy anti-freeze coolant, and refill again the coolant system.

• 4 months later...

Hi all!

Again here. When I turn the heating switch the temp gauge is getting up. The heat is coming. It's warm. Water is not disappear. The two big fan working on radiator. After 50 km the bottom hose is still cold. The thermostat not opening?
Previously before change thermostat, temp gauge always on half position, never going up. But in previously thermostat was a ~4mm hole. Then changed thermostat, temp sensors (brown + blue). What could be the problem? Thermostat or still have air in cooling system?

These pictures were made after 50 km. The temperature indicator was higher before I made the pictures. Almost at the top of the white mark.

5a00535922666_20171106_120511msolata2.thumb.jpg.fd8b6ba8d3208f5e11ba9215f81d7874.jpg

5a005367507ef_20171106_120535msolata2.thumb.jpg.dd23c158b21095e01fc186c2bd045bb8.jpg

• 3 years later...