Oil Pump Failure

Boydie

I forgot about this thread😪

A year after this was discussed here, I lost the oil pump on my Disco 300 Tdi. Worn away the location tabs on the rotor, and chowed the crankshaft. I have rebuilt the engine but has not started it yet (Yip happened two years ago, and many stoppages has delayed my rebuilt)

I still think the 300 Tdi oil pump is not a clever design

Incidently, I haven't seen posts from Boydie for quite some time now, anyone knows what happened to him ?

10 minutes ago, Sabre said:

I forgot about this thread😪

A year after this was discussed here, I lost the oil pump on my Disco 300 Tdi. Worn away the location tabs on the rotor, and chowed the crankshaft. I have rebuilt 

Incidently, I haven't seen posts from Boydie for quite some time now, anyone knows what happened to him ?

I think I remember reading he'd sold his truck and was leaving behind land rover products due to ongoing health issues, I'm sure it was posted on here somewhere. Bit of a loss to the forum.

His truck was quite interesting,  he'd retrofitted hydraulic lifters,  and his roof was Aluminium and painted white. 

4 minutes ago, Maverik said:

I think I remember reading he'd sold his truck and was leaving behind land rover products due to ongoing health issues, I'm sure it was posted on here somewhere. Bit of a loss to the forum.

His truck was quite interesting,  he'd retrofitted hydraulic lifters,  and his roof was Aluminium and painted white. 

Wow, that is very sad news 😢 He has contributed a wealth of information on these pages.