Speeduino - Arduino based EFI

Quagmire

$200 for a built board, and the Arduino Mega, definitely budget.

They need to work on their site a bit, as is usual for these outlets. There is mention of a stepper board, but nothing in the shop...

Only gripe with that is it's a bl**dy arduino, and the CPU is only 8-bit and 16MHz, not much advantage over the MS1 CPU.

Be nice to see someone do it with something more up-to-date, f'rexample STM32's are cheap, fast, 32-bit, and very capable. For a couple of quid you could have fast 32-bit floating-point maths and 100MHz resolution which would seem more attractive to an engine management application.

And yes, if I had more time I'd be building an STM32 daughterboard for the MS1...

44 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Only gripe with that is it's a bl**dy arduino, and the CPU is only 8-bit and 16MHz, not much advantage over the MS1 CPU.

Be nice to see someone do it with something more up-to-date, f'rexample STM32's are cheap, fast, 32-bit, and very capable. For a couple of quid you could have fast 32-bit floating-point maths and 100MHz resolution which would seem more attractive to an engine management application.

And yes, if I had more time I'd be building an STM32 daughterboard for the MS1...

That's an Arduino Due, you might want to check the specs a bit more closely... it's a 32bit ARM core micro controller running at 84MHz so pretty similar to an STM32

Nothing wrong with using a board that's cheaply and widely available and has a freely available multi-platform IDE

It does seem a bit confused, the site talks about using a Mega 2560 R3 which is the 8 bit 16MHz RISC chip but then the assembly video shows him using a Due. I guess which MCU you use will depend on your needs. One of the strengths of the Arduino IDE is the ability to use identical code for diverse environments so I suppose you can use the cheaper Mega2560 unless you run into limitations.

Looking at the source code it has some adaptations depending on the destination board type so it's optimised for both architectures.

• 2 years later...

Hi....A small injector for small TP throttle position and a big one for big RPM. Because there is a minimum on time for an injector a big injector can not be turned down enough to fuel properly at small throttle settings. An injector big enough to get the job done at 12,000 rpm floods the engine at lower rpm or throttle position.
The cross over for staged 2T injection is about 9 or 10K rpm. Over that and you need two different sized injectors.There are physical injectors and logical injectors.