TD5 power steering and water pump bracket torques?

gadget

Finally got around to fitting a replacement water pump and one of the cover bolts wouldn't come out and snapped on me :(

I took the pump housing bracket thingy off and spent a while removing the stuck bolt thread and cleaning everything up. It's all ready to bolt up now but i can't find the torque numbers for the 5 x M10 bolts and 1x M10 nut that bolt the bracket to the block.

Anyone come across the numbers?

Edited by gadget

The M10 bolts hold the pump housing PEU102770 to the block. I haven't found any reference to the torque figures for these fastenings.

The bracket sits in dowels and isn't under any real stress so i doubt they're critical. They also have white thread lock on them, which i've not come across before.

I can find power steering pump bracket bolts 27 Nm in the online manual at workshop-manuals.com.

27 Nm is in the M8 torque region and if you read the power steering pump refit blurb it says "Position mounting bracket to PAS pump,   fit but do not tighten bolt." The bracket they refer to here is a small metal plate secured with an M8 bolt.

25/27 Nm just seems a little low for an M10 :unsure:

The o-ring is in an island in the bracket and the mount points are quite a way from it. O-ring compression is from the top 4 fittings and  I would think that any amount of resistance from the o-ring part of it would cause some distortion to the rest of the bracket?

My reasoning on torque versus bolt size was that if something with M8 torque is all that was needed then landrover wouldn't have spent the extra tuppence for the M10.

It hasn't fallen off and it doesn't appear to be leaking :)