Dreaded air suspension issues

Paul2504

hi guys need your help desperately. 2001 discovery td5. 

Hope this is the correct place in the forum to ask.
Rear passenger side kept going down after 30 mins so replaced the air suspension bag
(Was going to do the other side at same time).
Turned on car and it pumped up but I could see it starting to go down slowly again. I could hear air leaking from the compressor area so started to investigate. 
I wiggled the blue connection on the valve unit and noticed the air stop and start (compressor not running, engine turned off).

Call me stupid but in my wisdom I went about changing the self levelling unit on that side as I (for some unknown reason) had an idea the the unit may be telling the computer that the car wasn't level and was trying to adjust its self.
I Removed the electrical connection and air rushed out of somewhere towards the compressor, which was a bit unexpected. I then unbolted and replaced the self levelling unit, started the car the compressor stated but didn't pump up. I took the main pipe of the compressor while it was running and air was being pumped and the same with the feed tube to the valves. I checked one of the solenoids buy taking it apart and turning the car on and the electromagnet had pulled the plunger in. Put the old self levelling unit back on but no change, disconnect the battery for 10 mins but no change, checked for air arriving at the new airbag by removing the feed pipe but nothing.
It seemed it all went wrong when I disconnected the self levelling connection and air rushed out. Could a pressure release valve be stuck open and how do I find / repair it??? 
Thanks in advance

Hi, if i understand well by "self levelling unit" you mean height sensor and if it's so when you disconnected it and the bag deflated means the system was active and then it lost calibration for that side, that's why it's recommended to disconnect the battery before you unplug a sensor...at this time a dedicated tester is needed to recalibrate height sensors also from your description about what happened before you unplugged the sensor it seems that the air supply valve on that side was leaking, if the problem was generated by the management you can rule it out after the bags will be inflated by disconnecting the battery...if it will keep dropping this way it's certainly a leak, if not then it's management, if you are handy you can improvise, unplug the compressor and valves and make a wiring as to be able to give direct feed from battery to the compressor and air supply valves at the same time then cut the feed when the bags are inflated...if no leaks are present the bags will stay inflated for many days this way... for a bag to inflate the compressor and the air supply valve must get feed at the same time and to deflate the exhaust valve and air supply valve at the same time if you see what i mean

SLS inflation.jpg

Edited by sierrafery