First Car - First Land Rover

dannywmv

Hello gents and ladies, I'm Dan, been on the road 5 years on sportsbikes and finally bit the bullet and decided to drive as well as ride. Due to specific reasons, I've ended up with a deposit down on a Land Rover 2 TD4 2007, diesel. 

One concern really, any reason why on earth the "LAND ROVER" is more like "LANDROVER" on the front of the car. 

Little bit concerned. Don't know if it's silly.

IMG_5705.PNG

IMG_5665.JPG

probably due to the fitting pattern when the raised letting is applied at the factory, it's nothing to worry about. welcome to LR4x4, please read the pinned thread at top of the forum post lists, it will help you use the forum.

They all seem to be as you have suggested- two words, rather than one- a quick look on Ebay will testify. It could be as innocent as the previous owners changed the letters- my RRS has two words and the colour had faded- but rather than cut them off with a piece of cord- which is the recommended route thats safe to remove them- I've touched them up with a Tamiya silver felt-tip pen! I'm happy with the simple uplift!

Yeah I've paid £15 on RAC to get a full history check of a "passport" as they labelled it, and everything's fine, there's a chip in the windscreen that I'll be replacing so I assume it's just stone chips, so going to just try and get he lettering re done so it looks as it should. 

I'd hold onto your pennies for a while, buying a used car some slightly wonky lettering is likely to be the least of your worries. I'd give it 6 months of trouble-free motoring (including a full service) before worrying about that.

• 2 weeks later...