Running problem

Custo

Hi, I have a Freelander td4 2006 . It's done 130,000 I bought it about 8 months ago it's in really good order but about 2 weeks ago it started to feel like it was starved of fuel every so often, just missing a beat now and again. Although the garage told me it had been serviced I wasn't sure so a fitter friend of mine changed the fuel filter and for a short time it ran ok but now it's struggling more, today I towed a trailer a couple of miles and when I put my foot down there was huge clouds of black smoke. But it still runs fine apart from hunting now and again. Any ideas . Thanks

Check the turbo hoses for splits & rubbing against things, also check the vacuum pipes (about 6mm rubber pipes) for splits & rubs & that they haven't come loose, those are used to move the turbo vanes so a split pipe means the turbo isn't doing what it needs to. Same goes for the EGR system.

All of these are cheap & easy to replace.

Are there any warning lights on? An OBD diagnostic tool might be a few quid well spent. There may be a forumer near you who'd lend you one, if you fill out your profile we'll know where in the world you are ;)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all  I'm new to this site so bare with me I'm having a similar problem but with a slight click puff of smoke and after that all fin I have recently done injectors, pcv,egr blank,new turbo solenoid, three new air intake hoses, fuel filter,oil filter, after doing injectors it was fine for a month or two but problem back again I have not replaced turbo hoses (thin 6mm type) it runs fine apart from this little niggle problem any help would be very appreciated thanks guys👍

• 3 weeks later...