Christmas Tree Dash!

muddyplugger

I think I've come to the end of my tether with all the ****** lights in my dash! The HDC/TC/ABS have been illuminated for a year and every time I look at buying a wheel sensor for £60 and the mammoth task to replace the thing on the DII, I just open another beer! That, and it may be the modulator!?!

Now the SRS red light has started to join in!!! hissyfit.gif

The thing is my ABS and TC still works, even with all the lights annoying me, so I am reluctant (change to can't be bothered) to do anything about them, however test time looms, so I need the ABS light fixed along with the SRS.

One of my thoughts was to remove some ABS fuses, but tried 2 of them (not the relay) and the lights continue!

Can I just remove all the fuses/relays related to these systems and put a sticker on the dash with a warning 'This vehicle is not fitted with ABS' to get through the test?? :ph34r:

I realise airbags may save your life, but my defender steering wheel looks like it may kill you without a crash! We take risks everyday, so removing the airbag system only increases it by 0.0000001%

Is the other option to get behind the dash, remove the bulbs, and wire the ABS light to the bulb for the glow plug?

Or shall I sell the damn thing and buy a people carrier. grumpy.gif

I think I've come to the end of my tether with all the ****** lights in my dash! The HDC/TC/ABS have been illuminated for a year and every time I look at buying a wheel sensor for £60 and the mammoth task to replace the thing on the DII, I just open another beer! That, and it may be the modulator!?!

Now the SRS red light has started to join in!!! hissyfit.gif

The thing is my ABS and TC still works, even with all the lights annoying me, so I am reluctant (change to can't be bothered) to do anything about them, however test time looms, so I need the ABS light fixed along with the SRS.

One of my thoughts was to remove some ABS fuses, but tried 2 of them (not the relay) and the lights continue!

Can I just remove all the fuses/relays related to these systems and put a sticker on the dash with a warning 'This vehicle is not fitted with ABS' to get through the test?? :ph34r:

I realise airbags may save your life, but my defender steering wheel looks like it may kill you without a crash! We take risks everyday, so removing the airbag system only increases it by 0.0000001%

Is the other option to get behind the dash, remove the bulbs, and wire the ABS light to the bulb for the glow plug?

Or shall I sell the damn thing and buy a people carrier. grumpy.gif

I know that this is realy sad but have had the same problem with an abs light for the last 3 years & not being able to take the bulb out as it's a L.E.D put the black tape behind the dial!!!!

Can't be a real D2 then!

Whenever a warning light appears on my dash, it's accompanied by it's own special BONG BONG BONG noise.

The last time this happened it was the centre dif warning light came on and the car went BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG... and so on...

The thing is, I have a Disco II! It doesn't have a BONG BONG BONG centre diff!!! It has four wheel independant BONG BONG BONG suspension! BONG BONG BONG! Problem was - I was in Scotland, 400 odd miles from home, with another 130 to go before I reached my mother's place in Fife. BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG!!!

We called out Land BONG BONG BONG Rover Assist and when he eventually arrived, minus his usual tools - "I'm on my way home for a two week BONG BONG BONG holiday, and I've left all the bits with my BONG BONG BONG colleague" - he concurred that the faulty piece of BONG BONG BONG equipment wasn't actually fitted to the car, so it couldn't be BONG BONG BONG broken. "It must be the BONG BONG BONG sensor".

He tried to see if it could be BONG BONG BONG disabled, but alas no.

We carried on our BONG BONG BONG journey and turned the radio up. bong bong bong. It helped a bit. bong bong bong...

The following day I took the car to a local dealer in Cupar in Fife, just to ask if there was any way of disabling the bloody thing before we drove home the following day. There was nothing! No BONG BONG BONG!! It had fixed itself!!

For about five BONG BONG BONG miles anyway..... bong bong bong, up went the radio volume.

The Cupar Dealership were fantastic. He fiddled with the car for about an hour. No charge. :) Not fixed..... :(

"Sorry Sir, the alarm it's the main alarm for the vehicle. It cannot be disabled without fixing the underlying problem. It must be the redundant centre diff sensor".

"Oh!", I said. "I've got to drive this thing home for five hundred miles! Is there nothing you can do? I will pay!!"

"Sorry, Sir"

So believe BONG BONG BONG me, a few lights on the BONG BONG BONG dash is nothing! Try driving BONG BONG BONG home 530 miles with the BONG BONG BONG car complaining about a BONG BONG BONG problem it hasn't actually f**cking BONG BONG BONG got!!!!

Can't be a real D2 then!

Whenever a warning light appears on my dash, it's accompanied by it's own special BONG BONG BONG noise.

The last time this happened it was the centre dif warning light came on and the car went BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG... and so on...

The thing is, I have a Disco II! It doesn't have a BONG BONG BONG centre diff!!! It has four wheel independant BONG BONG BONG suspension! BONG BONG BONG! Problem was - I was in Scotland, 400 odd miles from home, with another 130 to go before I reached my mother's place in Fife. BONG BONG BONG, BONG BONG BONG!!!

We called out Land BONG BONG BONG Rover Assist and when he eventually arrived, minus his usual tools - "I'm on my way home for a two week BONG BONG BONG holiday, and I've left all the bits with my BONG BONG BONG colleague" - he concurred that the faulty piece of BONG BONG BONG equipment wasn't actually fitted to the car, so it couldn't be BONG BONG BONG broken. "It must be the BONG BONG BONG sensor".

We carried on our BONG BONG BONG journey and turned the radio up. bong bong bong. It helped a bit. bong bong bong...

The following day I took the car to a local dealer in Cupar in Fife, just to ask if there was any way of disabling the bloody thing before we drove home the following day. There was nothing! No BONG BONG BONG!! It had fixed itself!!

For about five BONG BONG BONG miles anyway..... bong bong bong, up went the radio volume.

The Cupar Dealership were fantastic. He fiddled with the car for about an hour. No charge. :) Not fixed..... :(

"Sorry Sir, the alarm it's the main alarm for the vehicle. It cannot be disabled without fixing the underlying problem. It must be the redundant centre diff sensor".

"Oh!", I said. "I've got to drive this thing home for five hundred miles! Is there nothing you can do? I will pay!!"

"Sorry, Sir"

So believe BONG BONG BONG me, a few lights on the BONG BONG BONG dash is nothing! Try driving BONG BONG BONG home with the BONG BONG BONG car complaining about a BONG BONG BONG problem it hasn't actually f**cking BONG BONG BONG got!!!!

"Always look on the bright side of life" "Bong bong..........bong bongy bongy bong"

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Man, you've made my morning - that was BONG BONG BONG hysterical!!! (though I'm sure it wasn't at the time!!!). I think I'll stick with my nice simple D1 for the forseeable future - the only BONG it makes is when I reverse it into someone's else's car!!

Dunk

Can't be a real D2 then!

"Sorry, Sir"

So believe BONG BONG BONG me, a few lights on the BONG BONG BONG dash is nothing! Try driving BONG BONG BONG home 530 miles with the BONG BONG BONG car complaining about a BONG BONG BONG problem it hasn't actually f**cking BONG BONG BONG got!!!!

Absolute classic, RocKeR :lol:

Muddyplugger, I don't know anything about the DII ABS/TC system, but the one on the RR Classic can be interogated using a jumper across the diagnostic connectors and a list of error codes flashed by the ABS light. There may well be a similar trick for the later systems? If so you can find out what it thinks the problem is and also clear the error. Got mine through it's last MOT by clearing the intermittent ABS fault before I took it. It came on permanently on the way home... :ph34r:

I know what the fault with mine is, but I can't do anything about it until I rebuild the nearside swivel, courtesy of the garage that bodged a job on it and left the ABS sensor jammed solid in the swivel pin...

Don't know about the SRS - neither of mine have airbags, but they aren't things I much like the idea of messing around with either... :(

Can't be a real D2 then!

Classic

I hope it never gets that bad on our DII - when starting it sometimes goes bong bong bong, other times nothing. No warning lights, so hopefully, no problem. Only issue so far was blowing both dipped headlight bulbs simultaneously, but at least I can change those myself (unlike out last Renault which required the whole front air dam to be removed before gaining access to the bulbs)