Exhaust change TD-200TDI

Hi guys yes still alive but the dam thing been ok for ages and only did 500 mile in her last year OK QUESTION

Ok it was a 110 TD 1990

It was re built on to a Richards Galvanized 110 chassis which is the same chassis weather a TD or 200 tdi.....It now has a Defender 200tdi engine as well

My current exhaust I believe it is  part TD and part normally aspirated (the back tail section certainly is NA after checking the code from buying it last time)

Ok I wish to change to the 200 tdi exhaust

Ok I need a new one any way so taking that in to account (tail and mid section)  .......but the three  200tdi hangers galvanized ones are £48 for the 3 and the exhaust system whole thing £104 (could be plus VAT) plus two Polly bush hangers £7 (have one all ready) so about close to £150

Will I notice any difference   ...is it worth changing  to the bigger bore 200tdi one ????

Thanks guys

Oh what about the 200tdi system with mid box removed and a straight through pipe ?????

Edited by sighnbox

Oh all ways had the Defender 200tdi engine in her Ralph (since I had it )  I mean changing the exhaust system  from the TD to the 200tdi one as its bigger bore and the correct one for the engine,,,, she was a real mess all sprayed with engine oil etc took me days with wire wool and petrol to get it all off and raw knuckles and wow found perfect galvanised wing tops under it all I re piped it all, convoluted pipe etc etc re sprayed all brackets etc .......thought it would take a few days took 2 week lol

DSCF1832.JPG

Edited by sighnbox

I'm sure I ran a complete TD system on mine when I first fitted the tdi. I later had a custom made stainless system fitted but there wasn't a massive change in performance. It was more so I never had to fiddle with a rusted broken exhaust ever again!!