Sudden power loss on Freelander SD4

Trimmy

Hi all,
I was pulling out of a junction in my 2010 FL2 SD4 the other day when the power just went and would not rev above 2000rpm, this was followed by the reduced engine performance message and then the engine light. I plugged in an OBD tool and got codes P0046 and P0047. The codes point to the turbo loop specifically the boost control solenoid. I've checked all the hoses around the intercooler and elsewhere for splits and can't find any. Also i can't hear any odd mechanical noise so i think the turbo itself is ok. Is it likely to be a problem with the boost control solenoid and if so where is it and how do you test it?

When I try to start it from cold now it takes a couple of attempts if that helps point in any direction.

Thanks in advance everyone, all help much appreciated.

Mark

Ive not got  a Freelander but i have an RRS and they are similar in some areas of basic engine management. The solenoid is part of the Turbo- you will see them on Ebay. mine went early this year and apart from the power being down- the engine management light came on with text across my display panel telling me ENGINE SYSTEM FAILURE. 

LR replaced the turbo complete (warrantee)