County doors

jordan_meakin

So. My 1983 county is a sort of chocolate brown as many of you will recall for this model. However, at some point, the doors have been resprayed or replaced and are now more like poo brown. I have put this in the wanted section but, does anyone know where I might get some period replacements? I don't really want to respray as I quite like it's rugged patina...

I think you'll find it hard to get a closely matched pair as all will have faded at different rates and brown wasn't especially common, but good luck anyway.  An option would be to have a couple of aerosols made up to match your existing paint rather than how it was originally and after keying the surface of the paint on the replacement doors, mask any chips with tape or thick detergent applied with a small paint brush (model making or picture painting type) which will hose straight off after painting.  It's cheating, but a lot of patina on older cars is faked these days.