Strata Florida next week

I'm looking for something to do next week with the kids and had the idea of driving Strata Florida, plus local area lanes. There's loads of info online, but nothing recent/current. Can anybody help with:

Details of the local lanes, what's open and what's not.

Any GPS lane start locations, or routes.

Recommendations on local camping, I'm looking for a family friendly campsite to base myself from (decent toilets and showers for the kids).

Thank you for any help!

I've just returned from my week in Wales. The weather was pretty bad, with a lot of rain. I drove Strata Florida twice, once down ways on Tuesday and once up ways on Thursday, an amazing road. Sadly between my runs a group had passed through and gone 'off piste' damaging the grassland around a couple of the deeper puddles. Stupid really as even on the Thursday when the rivers were really high there was nothing that challenged my lightly modified Land Cruiser. The correct right of way is also very clearly sign posted.

I also took in a number of other local lanes, including Elan Valley and Lynn Brianne, which both have some amazing scenery.  

Highly recommended!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 07/01/2018 at 9:19 AM, Passing Phase said:

Hi just seen this post I no you didn't get much response on your question but perhaps you can help me looking at doing this route in the summer what maps did you use and any gps setting cheers.

Kev

Plenty of help on Facebook via All Terrain Uk......