****part 5140 Drive Members

Well it looks like they come in a blue box so unless your 100% sure of the manufacturer I would just spend and extra little bit and get Ashcroft. If you have THIN flanges maybe look at the KAM units, I am happy with mine but don't bother with them if you have the thick flange as the spacers are NLA

Ummmmmmmmm, i couldn't tell you  :o

it hasn't turned a wheel under its own steam for nearly 4 years :blush::blush:

Its a disco 300tdi ive been rebuilding. started off with "lets just repair the boot floor" 

then rapidly went to a " mights as well do the rear crossmember while im in there"

and finished up as "bugger it, new chassis and complete rebuild....."

It is a terrafirma long travel shock system complete with hydraulic bump stops, OME springs and an X-Eng X-Deflex system.. im hoping it will all be good !!!

Was a real pain to fit as its not designed to fit on a disco, but where there is a will...(and an angle grinder....)

Might do a thing on it in the discovery section later on as im suddenly unemployed for a while

Andy

20 hours ago, need4speed said:

Those are very nice Doug. And not a fortune either. Wonder if they have any black ones left

I wouldnt count on it. They weren't interested in making the spacers that go with these so I wouldn't have thought they would make them in 2 colours

whats wrong with a bit of bling anyway?!

I have them, not a particularly tight fit on new Ashcroft shafts and cvs but I got them at trade so they were cheap, if there's not much price difference in it I'd get decent ones.

They have done three years with a fair bit of trailing and not given any bother.

will.

13 hours ago, muddy said:

I have them, not a particularly tight fit on new Ashcroft shafts and cvs but I got them at trade so they were cheap, if there's not much price difference in it I'd get decent ones.

They have done three years with a fair bit of trailing and not given any bother.

will.

The Devon or Kam type, Muddy?  Were they pre-used, if you got them on a trade?