Another rear door...

Hi all.

Mk1 1998 DI

All was fine until the battery went flat..

On reconnection after charging, the rear window went down and has been down ever since. The rear door won't  open either. I ended up ripping out the door trim, undoing the clamps and wedginv the glass up. Had another play today and found that 

f I unplug the 20A fuse from the engine bay fuse box, the window and door operate ok. This seems to be the alarm fuse though - so the bloody thing wont start. It's allowed me to put the glass back in tbe runners and close the window though.

When I replace the fuse the window drops a touch - not as much as when you open the door - and I lose the function of window and handle. Pull the fuse and it pops the rear door open and functions are back. With the fuse in, the left hand of the two relays in the boot buzzes continually. Swapping them over made no difference. At on point, the rear wiper was going continually when the fuse was in, but that seems to have gone away. Any of this give anyone a clue?

Tia