AWDC Drive around on the 27th of December

Se7enUp

I was going to ask a similar question.

Im looking for my first foray into the world of 'off roading'. Would it be suitable for a "showroom shiney" Freelander on road tyre? I want to get a little bit of experience doing something simple in it first before i start buying new wheels/tyres for more intermediate stuff.

I saw the add in the back of LROI and thought this could be just what im looking for.

I was going to ask a similar question.

Im looking for my first foray into the world of 'off roading'. Would it be suitable for a "showroom shiney" Freelander on road tyre? I want to get a little bit of experience doing something simple in it first before i start buying new wheels/tyres for more intermediate stuff.

I saw the add in the back of LROI and thought this could be just what im looking for.

As long as you stick to the marked course and avoid any bits where ground clearance could be an issue then you should be fine.

We regularly have an Audi Allroad turn up so for a Freelander it should be ideal.

Without wishing to sound like a complete numpty (and let's face it, that ain't difficult), I'm unable to find any info for this event on the AWDC site or any magazines.

I know it's Broxhead Common, but where's that in Hampshire?

If anyone has some details (cost, times etc) then I'd be very grateful.

I've got a 110 that's desperate for a bit of mud.

Please help. Thanks!

BigSi110,

Broxhead common is near Bordon in hampshire.

Map:-

Bordon

HTH

Pete.

As you approach Bordon from Farnham, the course is on your right and will be clearly signposted. In fact as you approach if you look to the right you'll see the course and the trucks going around before you turn right down the access track.

The event is on the AWDC Calendar page here

Usualy 10am.

The site is on the Right as you're coming from Farnham. There is a long open, straight peice of road and the site can be seen on the right through the trees.

You'll pass laybys on either side of the road, and then turn right into the site about 50yds past the laybys. If you go down the hill to the traffic lights you've gone too far.

Jon

What time do they open the gates? The AWDC website has no info :(

Ill be there in the my 2a, the wife will be there in my Commercial with the dogs :)

On my map Broxhead common is on the left from Farnham.

Don't know why there is no info on the site at the moment. The last AWDC driveround day at Broxhead common started at around 10 am. I think it was £25 for members and £30 for non members.

Broxhead common stretches on both sides of the road BUT the only part used for AWDC driving day is on the right as you enter Bordon from the North (Farnham end)

Or on the left as you head out of Bordon TOWARDS farnham.

I expect to be there with the 110 with possibly 7 passengers. Going to be a squeeze!

Be warned, this post Christmas event is usually Very popular, so it is likely to be busy.

Regards,

Diff

• 2 weeks later...

Having a temporary fix on the V8 misfire (removed EFI and all assocaited gear inc harness- and fitted a big 4 barrell weber 500), along with new MOT passed 9.29am today ......I'll be there to help keep the course open, help with the smooth running of the event generally and drag many out when stuck :D

.....Or even self recover :lol: - it has been known..........

Always a good event, goes from strength to strength every year, something for everyone

Nige

Usualy 10am.

The site is on the Right as you're coming from Farnham. There is a long open, straight peice of road and the site can be seen on the right through the trees.

You'll pass laybys on either side of the road, and then turn right into the site about 50yds past the laybys. If you go down the hill to the traffic lights you've gone too far.

Jon

OS Map -------------------

BroxheadCommon.jpg

Having a temporary fix on the V8 misfire (removed EFI and all assocaited gear inc harness- and fitted a big 4 barrell weber 500), along with new MOT passed 9.29am today ......I'll be there to help keep the course open, help with the smooth running of the event generally and drag many out when stuck :D

.....Or even self recover :lol: - it has been known..........

Always a good event, goes from strength to strength every year, something for everyone

Nige

Hi Nige,

Do you come free with the site when you rent it for events?

You seem to marshal every event there!

Has the Army stopped renting out the other great sites that used to be available?

I quite like Broxhead but I keep getting stuck! I guess I'm more used to mud than bottomless sand.

Happy Christmas to you all. :D

Hi Nige,

You seem to marshal every event there!

Has the Army stopped renting out the other great sites that used to be available?

I quite like Broxhead but I keep getting stuck! I guess I'm more used to mud than bottomless sand.

Happy Christmas to you all. :D

:hysterical:

No, your wife paid me £££ in advance for me to recover you each time you went there in 2007 :lol:

Nige

PS PM me your e-mail for some pics from last (recovery) time :rolleyes: