Shelving

On 29/09/2017 at 12:54 PM, Cynic-al said:

Can you cut the bottom off instead of the top then re drill the hole for the foot... or is that another way of saying what you said.. :wacko:

That turns out to work very nicely - finishes up with the new bolt holes comfortably clear of existing ones. Only got as far as marking up tonight, though.

Cheers! Should've thought of that myself.

• 9 months later...

For the sake of completeness...well, finally got round to more or less finishing this...

Paid a grown up to cut and weld the beams for the shorter bay:

racking-beams-welds.jpg.f158ca4d2af4f5073561a386541fff7b.jpg

racking-beams-welds2.jpg.fa9313fd9a1070e53ac7329c8e9cc55a.jpg

Primed:

racking-primer.jpg.5197f10f847de112dfd5a3bdd3f17bab.jpg

...and painted:

racking-beams-painted.jpg.16985f3d3b8b9e188dfcb46e0a193570.jpg

And finally assembled:

complete-racking.jpg.469a00deeb6dcf5624842af990f1a385.jpg

The more or less bit is because I've decided it would be more useful to have more but shallow shelves in the full length bay, so one pair of beams and wire racks that I was going to cut down for the shorter bay have been held back to go in there. When I can face taking everything off the shelves so I can move them... The short bay will have more than enough space for larger items that won't fit the long one.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2018 at 10:57 AM, Blanco said:

Not worried at all,...... just wish Suffolk was a bit closer,...... those grills are great for keeping the dust build up to a minmum.

Down side is they aren’t much use for small loose items. But it’s easy enough to fit plywood where you need it (or if you’ve got the wire shelf anyway a thin top of whatever’s to hand over the wire).

It’s the trunk of a crab apple tree from our old house in Birmingham (it was originally the root stock of a cultivated variety - probably a desert apple - but the graft had died at some point and the root stock put up new shoots). When it died I kept the trunk for turning, but my lathe then packed up and I haven’t sorted a new motor for it as I haven’t had space to set it up until recently, and more important things to do since. I’ll get back to it at some point!

That’s what I tell muggles, anyway 😉

8 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Another toy shed? :D

Sort of... Want to get my dumper truck and trailers in the dry and my old man's caravan needs a new home as I needed to put this new acquisition in the dry.... DSC_0512.thumb.JPG.cb146ca79e5f5b5c7da359185b14bd64.JPG

• Like 2