Nigel feckey

Nigel feckey

On a normal road if I go over a bump traction control kicks in vehicle is pulled violently to left or the right rarely in straight line have to take foot off accelerator immeadiately make sure holding steering wheel firmly just had 4 genuine new hub assemblies fitted along with top and bottom balll joint but the guys at the landrover garage are at a miss as to what could be causing this can anyone point me in right direction

It's almost certainly something to do with the wheel sensors.  It's very easy to end up with too large an air gap on disco 2's as there's an o ring that seals the sensor in and without a light tap on the top of the sensor when fitting, they don't seat properly.  The only way you'll know is to get it plugged into diagnostics, they're quite good at recording faults and usually will tell you if the air gap is too large.

Alternatively, they don't like having mis-matched brands of sensor, particularly across the same axle, although you say it's had 4 new wheel bearing assemblies, they normally come with the sensors already in them so they should be the same.

This symptom is caused by a missballance between the wheel speed sensor inputs, i've seen it many times but in most cases was caused by aftermarket hubs, you say your's are genuine, dont misunderstand me but did you buy them yourself and you van confirm they are with Timken bearings and Wabco sensor?... also are your tyres all the same brand, standard dimension and even pressure per axle?

If that car came into my workshop the first thing I would do is to scope all 4 wheels together.In my experience your symptoms are as a result of cheap aftermarket hubs with the wrong number of reluctor teeth, or a failing SLABS ecu. Either are very possible.As long as all 4 tyres are the same size it shouldn't cause an issue.

Having incorrect tooth counts with aftermarket hubs causes some really weird issues as the poor SLABS ecu gets totally confused.

I have two Bearmach hubs on my D2 - on on the front, another on the back with the original parts on the other side. They dont seem to have caused any issues, so if people are looking for an aftermarket option, these seem to be ok