CRC1250 plastic pipe clips - fitting?

Gazzar

Working on the assumption that the thirty five year old plastic pipe clips on my 109 will not survive the renew brake pipe exercise I have ordered new ones.

Which leaves a question:

Just how do these go in? Insert in hike and then push down and hope they work?

G.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, Gazzar said:

Working on the assumption that the thirty five year old plastic pipe clips on my 109 will not survive the renew brake pipe exercise I have ordered new ones.

Which leaves a question:

Just how do these go in? Insert in hike and then push down and hope they work?

G.

You just have to be carefull with them as they sometimes break whilst pushing them in, are you working with the original chassis or a new galv chassis if using a new galv chassis sometime the holes are not always there at least that was the case with my new galv 90 chassis so had to use a different methered to hold pipes in place where the holes was missing, not got there yet on my new 2a galv chassis but I will let you know when I come to it :)

The seemed to work.  I pushed one into a suitable hole in the chassis, it broke off leaving a sleeve in the chassis, next I just pushed the remaining clip bit into the sleeve.

Not too sure it is solid, but is holding the pipe at the moment.

G.