P38 Electronics Gurus - help need

tomplm

I have a P38 that I am having loads of trouble with. When it has run it was ok, but intermittent. The more I have tried to fix it the worse it has got. It now has no spark and it won't talk to hawkeye. We tried a recoded "unlocked" Ecu but it has made no difference. It's had new plugs, new crack sensor, new llamas sensors, new coil pack. It turns over, there's fuel pressure in the rail. We tied buzzing through the wiring loom , even changed the OBD connector, cleaned the bcem connectors, etc etc. Nothing! Still no hawkeye cons and no spark. Any ideas?

It's a '95 4.0 V8 with the GEMS ecu

There is a 6 or 7 way splice in the pink/red wire from pin 7 of the diagnostic socket.It is in the loom pretty much underneath where the heater matrix O rings leak. Easy to test if its corroded,just do a resistance test between any of the ecu's which use the diag port and are connected to pin 7.From very distant memory that's pretty much all of them except the EAS ECU.