Defender TD5 front wing (fender)

Timpo

Looking to replace a damaged right-hand wing on my 2006 Defender Td5, and it appears there are a plethora of part numbers for the same items.... as usual! :-D

As you well know, the wings are in three main parts, inner, outer and front (headlight) panel. I have a part number for the inner and front panel complete, ASB710200 but when I did a search, I get ALR9936 being shown from some of the suppliers.

I also need the inner arch shield, (plastic on my vehicle), again I have a number AWJ710380, but that comes back superseded by AWJ710430, which when I put that back into a search comes out as a Puma arch shield, so has moulding differences.

Don't make it easy do they....lol. Any tips will be appreciated.

T.

Give your local Land Rover dealer a ring get the part numbers from them and even see about price for parts, my local are open to a bit of barter and I've got stuff cheaper from them if you ask, even if the prices will be mad, you can still get the part numbers I'm sure.

9 hours ago, Maverik said:

Give your local Land Rover dealer a ring get the part numbers from them and even see about price for parts, my local are open to a bit of barter and I've got stuff cheaper from them if you ask, even if the prices will be mad, you can still get the part numbers I'm sure.

That's my next move.... ;-)

Order the exact part number and don't let the suppliers fool you. ASB710200 is correct for 2006. Your option with full wings is pretty much only genuine LR (unless second hand), so you'll get the right part if you stick to the exact number you need. I would trust LRDirect/Britcar/Rimmerbros/LRSeries/A dealer. The other retailers can fob you off with any old cr*p.

• AWJ710380 is the inner wing without the insulating pad
  • AWJ710400 is the inner wing with the insulating pad

They're both superseded now but the wings are the same Td5->Puma, so the inner wings are likely to be the same

Also, some past info here on plastic wings: