97disco 300tdi thermostat

doctor

Have just removed my air-condition compressor for maintanence and put new hoses on radiator and replaced with new thermostat.This one is 88deg opening and seems to send temps up to 100deg before cooling. I will replace with thermostat that is 82deg opening ,Anybody had these issues when changing over.Thanks to all replies.

Poor quality thermostat... wax stat's have a well documented shelf life and it seems if they're not put into service before too long they go a bit odd and don't behave as they should. After going through 3 stats before I got one I was happy was working correctly, and that stat was supplied from Land Rover in which I'd be going back to them if I need replacement at least you can take it back with a warranty if it doesn't behave...

Thanks Maverick,have put in 82deg for know but will get a 88 later.Never had a prob before replacing radiator hoses to silicon as a update. Will replace my 4 core that got a hole in it  with a aluminium one later this year and should be bullet proof.