Chassis purchase

The supply at Devon4x4 is also from Britpart. However they are manufactured by Richards although that is a recent change.

i asked them to confirm their advertised price for Marsland and they changed the price and the supplier but confirmed they buy through Britpart.

• 3 months later...
On 18/09/2017 at 4:04 PM, easytiger said:

They use 2.5m steel for the legs same as Richards and 4mm for rear x member, bolt in gear box x member as standard.

They don't remove any excess galv from bolt holes but the chassis they had on display didn't look bad TBH. Guess I'll see when it arrives in 3 weeks! I'll be sure to put up a rebuild thread and let you all know what it is like.

How did you get on with your Shielder chassis?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know a guy has done lots of rebuilds using current Shielder chassis and swears by them. There was a few issues with earlier ones which I've been led to believe has now been rectified and according to this guy a Sheilder is now as good as it gets. Likewise I'd be interested in hearing bobtail4x4's verdict.

Edited by gerrymc123

Interesting times. My rebuild is just finished! Jut sorting the receipts of this saga and I just filed the Marsland Receipt - 110 Galvanised chassis (TDI but with TD5 rear x-member) in Jan 2016 was 1525 ex VAT. I am very glad I got mine then! And Yes I will get something up on the rebuild pages - only just got her on the road 3 days ago!

Interestingly the chap who did the main rebuild has another customer and he's struggling to get a Marsland - I suspect the reason for this is that Marsland bought direct from GKN the OEM chassis. However I suspect most of you know that GKN are in trouble (big trouble I fear) so I suspect we are witnessing the last of the line of GKN making LR chassis. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43584083

• Thanks 1