Throttle Issues

boarder

Hi

I have a 1993 2.5 N/A diesel That broke down on me. Climbing up a hill started to struggle so changed down a gear but revs continued to drop to the point where it was only at idle. No response to the accelerator at all even when operating the lever on the injection pump by hand. It had done something similar before where there was no throttle response but this cleared on its own while driving. Had to tow it home but it would start and idle but no increase in revs with throttle.

I have been in the pump recently to re-seal the throttle spindle which was leaking but that was more than a month ago had quite a lot of use since.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Cheers Steve

I am away at work so will be a few weeks till I manage to have another look at it!

Had a look in the tank and checked the lift pipe and that all seemed clear. need to check the sedimenter and will probably change the fuel filter anyway when I get back.

Getting diesel at the fuel filter drain but suppose that doesn't mean that it cant be blocked on the feed side.

Did find that I wasn't getting much in the way of pump on the priming handle of the lift pump but took this just to be the cam in the wrong place.  It would pump fuel through to the filter bleed and the bleed on the DPS pump.

Could be that its on its way out though. any way to test it properly?

Just hoping its not the injection pump!:blink:

• 2 months later...

Well finally managed to get at the thing again! chased the pipework from the tank through to the injection pump checked all of the fittings etc and couldn't find any problems at all!! so decided to take the top off of the pump again and found the washer that I thought disappeared on to the drive when I resealed the spindle inside the pump stoping the metering spindle from moving!:blush: got that out and off it went all working fine now. spent hours looking for the little blighter when it went walks as well. And the moral is If you are in the injection pump make sure you don't drop anything!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1