Landrover 6x6 - Special Products Build

Raumer

Morning all,

My brother recently came across a 6x6 Landrover that was built by Landrovers special products division.  Relatively short wheelbase and with a V8 fitted and a drive thru axle.  Does anyone have any details on when they were building them, what they were for or basically anything about them?  So far he has not been able to find out anything about them.

Cheers

Ed

No pictures at the moment.  All the details I have are that it is a 3.5 V8, LHD built for export.  Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the 6x6's that Landrover were building in general - when, how many etc.....  I've seen lots of information on the ones built by Hotspur (Sandringham) and by Foley but nothing on Landrover's own ones.

Ed

Without pics & details there is not a lot to be said..

LR SVO / SV  have in the past created 6x6 and 6x4 vehicles, both with leaf & coil springs or various clients, mostly utility companies.

Several were build for Overland companies, so LHD is not that unusual.

The VIN may tell you something, but many were issued with standard No's.

Parts for the 6x6 drive are not cheap - Foley's have a lot of parts.

With the Foley pricetag..

Will try and get hold of the vin and age for it.  Apologies for the lack of details.  I didn't realise that Landrover had built leaf sprung ones, I thought they were farmed out to other companies?

Apparently this one has a truck cab and is relatively short wheelbase - sounds like a 110 then with the extra axle behind.

Thanks

Ed