LR Disco 1 Diagnostics Tool

Seplovich

Does anyone know what options I have for diagnostic tools for a 1997 Disco I? I am getting intermittent "Check Engine" lights on and off.

I see the new iLand iOS app starts with the Disco IIs. I checked the Nanocom as well and is the same issue. Is it because the Disco I has not compatible ports?

Is my only option the HawkEye? Has anyone tried the iOS app called IIDControl from Gap Diagnostics? 

D1 V8? In that case you can look at https://discoweb.org/showthread.php?t=79207 which is about RoverGauge and open source tool to talk to the 14CUX. It requires a bit of wiring to get the serial input, I can't recall the details but they are linked there. Nanocom can do this too, but to be honest, that's an expensive option if it's just for the old V8.

If the D1 300Tdi EDC then I'm not sure there is any option. 

Despite everyone moaning about it Testbook is still fully capable of communicating with all the earlier LR systems. If you can't sort another way, you still have 2 choices. It seems that main dealers are still required to have Testbook, or the other option is to find an independant like me that still has one.