300tdi auto conversion

Hi all , looking for some advice on whether to spend or save me money, as above on my new project I'm converting it to an auto it will only be used for road work and maybe going down a track or two . So to my question ,would converting it to vented discs have any benefit or would I just be converting for the sake of it ? All opinions and advice welcome the more the better ,anyone who's done this conversion was it worth it ?

cheers Ian 

We had a 110 CSW with Mazda 3.5 Tdi & ZF Autobox and ran it everywhere.

Standard 4 discs and never any problems.

TBH, bit of a waste.

Quality discs & pads should be more than up to the job.

Ours is a 300tdi 90 on with solid discs all round and an auto - stops well. Can lock up in the wet and greasy!

Only thing needed is rather more servo assistance than the original servo and master - one of my upgrades to do.

You'll use the auto box down to 3 and 2 for extra braking when needed anyway.

Save your money for fully operable calipers and quality discs and pads - more than good enough! IMO.  :)

Update both as mine still has the original 1988 ones from when it had a 21/4 engine and whilst it all works could do with a little more assistace and less effort on my part....more of a modern car effort where you dont take heel off the floor!  :o

So I am looking to check /overhaul the system and then replace pedal box and master cyl and servo with a 300 tdi one or mebee try the later abs version. My plan anyway  -  just need time  -  but as I say good quality standard brake components work very well.....;)