Help with britpart shocks

I've just fitted some cheap britpart rear shock absorbers and they only came with two lower washers, I reused the old flat washers in the middle but now I'm wondering if the bushes that came with them are meant to be used without a centre washer. Hopefully the images make sense.

Ben

P.s. I got britpart against the better advice because they were £13 and I just needed them to get through my mot, if they last a year that'll be enough because I'll be doing some more work on the suspension then.

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

It looks like they are for the later vehicles that have the inner cups spot welded to the axle brackets. Also a different bush shape (kind of pyramidal rather than toroidal)

I would seek to replace with the earlier variant (which will come with the full suite of washers/bushes) at your earliest convenience.

Your bush looks rather squished!  Was it like either of these two?  The ones with the square side profile and central ridge only need two washers (where the shock and nut go), the ridged centre locates in the axle/shock mount bracket.  The other type ("toroidal" - nice word James!) needs 4 washers, to locate them squarely.

2017-10-06 17.01.31.jpg

2017-10-06 17.01.36.jpg

Cheers for the responses, looks like I've ordered the post-TD5 type shocks...doh. Oh well, always learning. I've ordered up some of the old style ones from paddocks so hopefully they'll fit on ok, glad I kept the old metal washers.

This is the washer that they came withRNF100090L-BUSH-SHOCK-ABSORBER.jpg.106829ebeab984d26e4020a974ffeb1b.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help

Ben

Just as an update in case anyone else is interested. I ordered some bushes to fit the 300tdi defender and these fit slightly better than the ones pictured above, they are still connical in shape but stiffer and slightly smaller, the ones I took off look like they were from the earlier 200tdi shocks and are symettrical. I've attached a couple of pictures. I got the shock absorbers from paddocks and must have got the wrong ones.

300tdi

. s-l300.jpg.efdc01fbc0bc81df035e9a45b7cc66f2.jpg

200tdi

200.jpg.ee95551d93c734c146e75e01af3b04eb.jpg

Just going to leave them on for now as they seem to be working ok and I'll take more care with the chassis numbers next time!